Thursday, May 20, 2010

Norwich State Hospital -Ademan

WRITE UP AND PHOTOS BY ADEMAN
-------------------------------------------------

I made my first visit to Norwich State Hospital back in March of 2009. During that visit I missed the one building I'd really wanted to see, even though it's the whoriest building on Campus, The Salmon Building. I'll be the first to admit, I don't know a damned thing about Norwich or it's history, I just know this was one of the buildings used to house the criminally insane. This visit, we decided that building was our target, and anything else we came across on the way there was all added bonus. Along with me for this trip was Cambria, and Zeke from RedArmy Photography. I thought we'd entered through the same building I did on the first visit, but I'm fairly certain everything I saw on this trip was completely new to me. We avoided security, landscapers cutting down the trees and foliage, and some dude in a tractor collapsing tunnels and blocking the entrances to buildings and tunnels with the trees the landscapers were cutting down. All in all, a wonderful day. More explorations with Zeke to come in the near future.
















































2 comments:

  1. Amazing shots!
    I've been wanting to go here for a LONG time... now I just want to go more.
    Thanks for sharing these.
    -CF

    ReplyDelete