Wednesday, March 24, 2010

AMP PreDawn

This building has shown up on the Abandoned Dreams sites in the past, but never like this. It's projected that this building, AMP, will be torn down by the end of the month. AMP is a grouping of two buildings, and this will be the first of the two to be demolished. There's talks of a brewery opening in the other, but who knows what will happen in time. I left work around 5AM and headed to AMP, making my entrance concealed by darkness. I shot with whatever light the street was letting in for about 20 minutes before I heard the distinct sound of a door opening, footsteps, and a door closing. I silently headed back towards the front section of the building where they'd ripped the windows out for abatement and hopped out, undetectable aside from the wet footprints I left behind in the largely flooded building. The shots aren't great, but the sun never made it up enough for me to actually shoot. I may drop by this location one more time before she comes down. This time I'll going during daylight while demo workers are not around.






No comments:

Post a Comment