Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking A Deeper Look

Instead of the usual write up, this time I'll just explain as the photos progress. Here's the results of another night, kicking around Providence with Clahhhkie, Catherine, and ClimbingDoug.


Clahhhkie and I shot India Point Park for a bit while waiting for the rest of the group. Nothing special.



Once the group was together, we played on some sick playground full of climbing webs before taking off into the night.

Doug and I were to climb a bit of this until we found the Anti-Climb spikes. Sharp little fuckers on this tower. I did however, like the way the moon was behind it, so I shot it anyhow.

Located on the old George Washington bridge, are both a viewing platform(Closed to the public, and pretty much everyone now, I believe) on top of a pillar, and another pillar with both a viewing platform, and another set of stairs, leading downward through the support, leading down to the ground on a piece of land surrounded on all sides by water.








After that, we decided to have a quick run through the highway girder systems. Not very photogenic, but I snapped one off anyhow.

And to end our night, on our walk back, we found this. Obviously Doug and I weren't about to pass it by. As Clahhhkie and Catherine walked along the street, Doug and I made our move, being careful to avoid the cars full of drunk club-goers at the intersections surrounding three sides of us, and the maintenance man inside vacuuming the building. A few shots fired off the roof, a quick climb back down, and we called it a night.



1 comment: