Monday, April 12, 2010

Rooftopping With Newbs

Saturdays are my night off from work, so Saturdays are my climbing nights. Having never rooftopped before, Turrel and Lina decided they wanted to come along with James Ascent and I. Being with two newcomers, we decided to do some smaller, easier rooftops and then James and I were to break off and do another more high risk Dark Ascent. The rooftops went pretty smoothly for the most part, with Turrel and Lina only being beaten by one rooftop. The later ascent with James, never happened, due to a slight miscalculation in our plans. We've figured a way around it, and will return when resources are available.

The first rooftop is one I pass by all the time on the side of the highway. Judging by the graffiti, I'm assuming others know it's easy access as well. Still, a pretty rad little spot.


The second rooftop is the one that beat Turrel and Lina. Lighting was terrible on the roof, so I only came out with these two shots, and they still suck.


The third rooftop was a 3 story mill building located in huge complex of active and abandoned buildings dating back to the mid 1800's. Pretty rad.





And the last rooftop of the night was that of the tinsel factory that's been showing up on the Abandoned Dreams site so much lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment