Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Train Bridge In The Sky

We started off a day of exploring by stopping at the Seakonk River Train Bridge. This lift bridge has been stuck, suspended in the air, for decades. The size of this thing amazes me. They've wanted to tear it down for years, but environmentalists are worried about the cleanup and they can't afford to block up the channel. This beast will be here for generations to come.







These two shots were taken by Cambria. One is of the tracks themselves and the other is just me playing monkey. Sometimes I just can't help myself.



And a sped up video of the walk out to the bridge. I don't know how much longer the stair set will last on the side of the bridge. As I ascended it, I could feel it sway in the wind and the eerie creek of rusty metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment